Security so you can rest easy
your security and protection of personal information are our top priority
Equifax Data Breach
Rest assured knowing that the Equifax breach does not affect Blue Eagle Credit Union's security systems in any way. You can learn more about Blue Eagle's security measures below. For more information on the Equifax breach, please visit the Equifax information page. We've also listed some other sites to watch for the latest developments and helpful tools to protect your personal information.
Stay in the know
- Visit Equifax's data breach response site, which contains up-to-date information
- Access Equifax's "hack-checker" tool to find out if you were among those impacted
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission's Equifax page to learn about the breach and what you can do
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission's identity theft website to learn what steps you can take if identity theft has occurred
What you can do
- Closely monitor all credit accounts and loans
- Immediately report any suspicious credit or loan activity to Blue Eagle Credit Union or the relevant financial institution
- Sign up for fraud alerting services offered by the three credit bureaus for notifications about potentially fraudulent activity
- Sign up for credit monitoring services
- Place a freeze on all credit bureau accounts
- Sign up for email/text alerts with live card activity
- Visit IdentityTheft.gov for more information on what to do if you're impacted by a data breach
- Get your free credit report and check for any accounts you don't recognize by visiting https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find answers to your Equifax Breach questions at Equifax's FAQ site
How does Blue Eagle Protect your information?
Blue Eagle Credit Union's top priority is to protect your accounts and your personal information.
Ways we protect your information
- Your Photo ID: When you open an account, we place a copy of your photo ID on file so that every time you make a transaction with us, we have no doubt that it is you. This is especially helpful as we continue to grow and add new staff.
- Passwords on accounts: When you open an account, you will be asked for a secret code, phrase, or word. Every time you call us or use our Eagle Vision ATMs, we will ask you for your chosen passcode.
- Online banking multi-factor authentication: We incorporate passcode phrases, strong passwords, and security questions to ensure access to your account is well protected. With all sorts of mobile technology, we want to be sure your information doesn't end up in the wrong hands.
- Verifying current info on file and your identity when you do business with us: Making sure we have up-to-date information is an important part of protecting your accounts.
- We monitor your account for fraudulent activity. Should card transactions occur that are out of your 'norm', you'll receive a call to verify those transactions are legitimate.
- We strive to have well-positioned and well-lit ATMs for your convenience, as well as for your protection. Members can also use all of our machines during office hours as an ITM (Interactive Teller Machine), which we call Eagle Vision. This option allows you to speak directly with one of our Teller Service Center Reps to transact your business - just like you're in our office! When using Eagle Vision, you can speak through video chat; our walk-up machines also have a handset for a more private conversation option; and you can choose to type in your information for added confidentiality.
Ways you can protect your information
- Update passwords and usernames often, and make passwords strong by using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and/or special characters
- Notify us if you'll be traveling and using your account/cards in a manner that is out of your routine.
- Make sure we have your current information. If you move, change your name, or experience other life events that may affect your accounts, then let us know as soon as possible.
- If you have a lost or stolen card, and it's during our business hours, please call 800.342.3429.
- If you have a lost or stolen card, and it's during non-business hours, please call 800.472.3272 for your debit card, and 800.325.3678 for your credit card.
- If you feel you're a victim of fraud or identity theft, call Blue Eagle Credit Union at 800.342.3429 as soon as possible so we can begin taking steps to help protect your account(s).