We think the best checking accounts are free checking accounts.
Checking Accounts in Roanoke, VA | Lynchburg, VA | Salem, VA | Vinton, VA | Botetourt, VA | Bedford, VA and beyond...
If you want a checking account that's feature rich and won't box you in with unnecessary fees or restrictions, then this is the account for you! Here's what you can expect:
- NO minimum deposit to open,
- NO minimum balance requirement,
- NO monthly or annual service fees,
- FREE MyCU Internet banking,
- FREE debit card,
- FREE overdraft protection transfer from savings or checking,
- FREE mobile banking,
- FREE text banking,
- FREE direct deposit
- UNLIMITED check writing,
- Electronic funds transfer,
- Member Privilege option for additional overdraft protection,
- Overdraft Line of Credit option for additional overdraft protection,
- Bill pay- no charge if just one transaction every 30 days,
- Check images available online,
- ATM access at thousands of surcharge-free locations nationwide on networks such as Allpoint and CU24/CUHere networks,
- FREE PAL audio response,
- Electronic statement option,
- Members age 50 and above receive two boxes of checks per year at no charge ("Golden Years" styles only),
- And much more!
Blue Eagle Credit Union is pleased to offer these great benefits to all of our members who take advantage of our free checking accounts.
Here's how to take the first step:
Our personable, helpful staff can quickly set up your free checking account. Call us at 1-800-342-3429 to get more information, or simply stop by one of our branches to apply in person. We can't wait to meet you!
Need to activate a new card or change your pin?
Members can call 1-800-757-9848 to activate a card and change a debit card PIN. After successfully completing authentication, a series of prompts will guide you to:
- Activate a card,
- Activate a card and select a new PIN,
- Activate a card and change a forgotten PIN, or
- Change a PIN.
Once the call is successfully competed, you can immediately use your card with the new PIN.
Need to order checks?
When you're in need of new checks, there are many options to get new ones. You can call us at 800.342.3429, come into any of our offices, or even order checks online! It's quick, easy, and convenient! So no matter which method you choose, we'll make sure you're taken care of.
Need To Set Up Electronic Drafts and Deposits?
With direct deposit, automatic drafts such as bill payment, or electronic deposits such as a tax refund, you will likely need to provide your Blue Eagle Credit Union account number (including the check digit) and our Routing & Transit Number (251482891). Our members can easily accomplish by simply referencing one of their checks. Here's an example of how to find your account number and our routing number on your Blue Eagle Credit Union check:
As always, Blue Eagle Credit Union is right down the street or a phone call away. Let us know if you still need some help!